The Next Web launches Local Blogs Dedicated to Internet Technology and Culture
Dedicated blogs for Europe, Asia, France, Russia, Turkey, South Korea, Germany and more.
13 OCTOBER 2009, AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS
- http://thenextweb.com/fr - France
- http://thenextweb.com/ru - Russia
- http://thenextweb.com/kr - South Korea
- http://thenextweb.com/nl - The Netherlands
- http://thenextweb.com/ar - Argentina
- http://thenextweb.com/tr - Turkey
- http://thenextweb.com/ro - Romania
- http://thenextweb.com/de - Germany
- The company started as a spin off of The Next Web Conference
- The Next Web's activities include several events, a lively Incubator and now a network of international blogs
- The main The Next Web blog has 30,000 RSS Subscribers
- Over 140,000 Twitter Followers (average 3000 new followers every day)
- 50% growth in unique visitors (month over month) for the past 12 months
- 600,000 unique visitors in September
- Frequently in top positions at Techmeme, Digg, Reddit and HackerNews
- Each of the continent blogs have at least three editors, with the local blogs at least one full time editor each.
- The Next Web international is now included as an official news source at Google News
"We are super excited with this new development. The world is too big for just one blog to write about everything and there are so many local initiatives that are innovative, exiting and bloggable that having lots of local blogs just makes sense." Boris Veldhuijzen van Zanten, co-founder TheNextWeb.com
""I can't begin to tell you how passionate and proud I am to be part of this new stage of growth. We hope this move provides a connection for web geeks across the globe to feel part of the wider web community"" Zee M. Kane, Editor in Chief
About Inside TNW
Here you can get a sneak peak inside TNW, the stuff we don't publish on our media platform. In case you have missed it... TNW is a global digital media company, with a focus on Generation T.
We have four branches: Media, Events, Intelligence and Spaces, that all build onto each other to create a virtuous circle of awesomeness for tech companies and Gen T.
Want to know more? What is TNW?